Barcelona v Manchester United, Champions League semi-final, first leg. Nou Camp, 19:45 kickoff.
Sir Alex Ferguson takes his Manchester United side to the Nou Camp for the first leg of this Champions League semi-final tie with Owen Hargreaves and Anderson recovering sufficiently from knocks to join Edwin van der Sar and Wayne Rooney back in the squad.
Barca welcome back former Arsenal favourite Thierry Henry, but will be without Ronaldinho through injury and captain Carlos Puyol through suspension.
- Barcelona – 13/8 (Ladbrokes)
- Draw – 43/20 (VC Bet)
- Manchester United – 2/1 (Blue Square)
This is the eighth time that these two sides have met in European competition, with both sides having won two games and drawn three so far. Their last meetings came in the 98/99 Champions League competition, when both matches were thrilling 3-3 draws. A repeat of that scoreline tonight would net you 80/1 with Bet 365.
This is the ninth time that Barcelona have reached the final four of the Champions League – Their record so far is split, having progressed 4 times, and being knocked out 4 times. Man United’s record is not so good – This is the tenth time they have reached the final four, and they have only reached the final twice before.
Every time they have reached the final though, they have won the cup.Manchester United are the favourites to win this tie, and remain the favourites to win the Champions League overall (7/4, Bet 365), whilst you can get 3/1 on Barca lifting the trophy for a third time (Bet365, BlueSquare, Stan James, William Hill and others)
Correct Score Odds:
- Barcelona to win 1-0 – 5/1 (Ladbrokes)
- Manchester United to win 1-0 – 7/1 (Boylesports)
- Barcelona to win 2-0 – 9/1 (Stan James)
- Manchester United to win 2-0 – 16/1 (Blue Square)
- Barcelona to win 2-1 -9/1 (William Hill)
- Manchester United to win 2-1 – 10/1 (Bet365)
- 0-0 Draw – 6/1 (Boylesports)
- 1-1 Draw – 5/1 (Skybet)
- 2-2 draw – 16/1 (Blue Square)
Both of these sides are unbeaten (in the Champions League) going into this match, with Barca enjoying an 11 match unbeaten run compared to United’s ten matches without tasting defeat. Barcelona have managed to keep clean sheets at the Nou Camp in each of their last three champions League games, and have won their last five at home. United have won their last three games in a row, without conceding a single goal. This match will be shown live on Sky sports 2..
First Goalscorer Odds:
- Cristiano Ronaldo – 11/2 (Blue Square)
- Eto’o – 5/1 (Skybet)
- Wayne Rooney – 6/1 (Ladbrokes)
- Ronaldinho – 15/2 (Bet 365)
- Carlos Tevez – 7/1 (Stan James)
- Bojan – 13/2 (Boylesports)
- Thierry Henry – 7/1 (Totesport)
- Lionel Messi – 8/1 (Ladbrokes)
- Louis Saha – 9/1 (William Hill)