Arsenal v Liverpool – Champions League Quarter Final, first leg. Emirates Stadium, Wednesday 2nd april, 19:45 kick-off. Live on Sky Sports 2.
There is guaranteed to be an English side in the semi-final of the Champions League this year as Arsenal meet Liverpool in the Quarter Finals. The first leg of the tie sees Arsenal with the home advantage as they continue their quest for the one trophy that has thus far eluded manager Arsene Wenger, whilst Liverpool will be hoping for a record sixth Champions League trophy.
Arsenal’s top scorer Emmanuel Adebayor returns to the squad as his side kick off the first of three consecutive games against Rafa Benitez’s men, with a Premiership fixture on Saturday sandwiched between the two European matches. This is the first time that the two sides have ever met in European competition. Interestingly, between them the two sides have played seven games against English opponents in Europe, andfailed to win a single one of them. Something has to give in these two games surely?
Both Arsenal and Liverpool warmed up for this series of games with wins in the Premiership last weekend, Arsenal keeping their fading Premiership title hopes alive with a comeback against relegation-threatened Bolton to win 3-2 after having Abou Diaby sent off. Diaby is available for this game, as his ban does not apply to Champions League games. Liverpool strengthened their grip on Fourth Place in the Premiership with a 1-0 win against Merseyside rivals Everton.
Match Betting Odds:
- Arsenal – 5/4 Favourites (Bet 365)
- Draw – 21/10 (Boylesports)
- Liverpool – 13/5 (Blue Square)
Correct Score Odds:
- Arsenal to win 1-0 – 6/1 (Bet 365)
- Arsenal to win 2-0 – 8/1 (Blue Square)
- Arsenal to win 3-0 – 25/1 (Ladbrokes)
- 0-0 draw – 13/2 (Boylesports)
- 1-1 draw – 11/2 (Boylesports)
- 2-2 draw – 16/1 (Blue Square)
- 3-3 draw – 100/1 (Paddy Power)
- Liverpool to win 1-0 – 8/1 (Boylesports)
- Liverpool to win 2-0 – 18/1 (Blue Square)
- Liverpool to win 2-1 – 14/1 (Ladbrokes)
First Goalscorer Odds:
- Emmanuel Adebayor – 6/1 (Blue Square)
- Fernando Torres – 6/1 (Blue Square)
- Robin van Persie – 7/1 (William Hill)
- Nicklas Bendtner – 8/1 (Blue Square)
- Peter Crouch – 9/1 (Boylesports)
- Steven Gerrard – 10/1 (Blue Square)
- Theo Walcott – 12/1 (Skybet)
- Dirk Kuyt – 12/1 (Ladbrokes)
- Tomas Rosicky – 14/1 (Bet 365)
- Abou Diaby – 25/1 (William Hill)
- William Gallas – 28/1 (Paddy Power)
- Phillippe Senderos – 50/1 (Stan James)
- Jamie Carragher – 80/1 (Blue Square)
Match Betting Specials:
- Boylesports will refund any losing first/last/anytime Goalscorer, Correct score, and half-time/full-time single bets on this match if Steven Gerrard scores the final goal of the game.
- Paddy Power will also refun any losing first/last goalscorer, scorecast and correct score single bets if the final goal of the game is a header. Terms and conditions apply.